Friday, May 22, 2009

Interesting?

I noticed a little more traffic than usual after the last post, and then a few twitter comments.

It turns out, from the title, a few readers were expecting maybe there was something controversial in my stomach. The three top contenders were that 1. I was pregnant. 2. I was making a disclosure about anorexia or bulimia. 3. I had bitten off the Mayor's ear and the remnants of it were winding thru my digestive system.

Answer: None of the above.

"Guess what's in my stomach" was a game we played in college, second in popularity only to "If I Had Five Dollars."

They both seem pretty self-explanatory to me, but I was probably going to write a little more, except I fell asleep mid-sentence.

I only realize it because my Mom (who's visiting this week) came in and pried my hands off the BlackBerry and then wet-napped all the powdered sugr off my, my face, my hands, and the phone.

Apparently, she tried to take the funnelcake outta my hands too, but my sleep-talking protest was, "I'm still eating that!"

She said she just wanted to put it in a ZipLoc to preserve its freshness, but I was having none of it.

Mess with my funnel cake and you risk drawing back a bloody stub.

You'll take it when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

My cold, dead, powdered-sugar-coated fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment