Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The new Facebook's here; the new Facebook's here!

I saw the new Facebook for the first time yesterday, and as someone who resists change with every fiber of my being....I gotta say, I kinda like it.

It's heavy on the status updates (which I like), and with one click ("ignore all"), it gets rid of all those Mob/Green/Starbucks/Seahorse/FlowerPatch/Flair requests (which I never liked or understood).

Access to my groups and fan pages is cumbersome, but I'll probably figure it out. (And there are too MANY groups and fan pages on there as it is. I don't want to be the 1,432,245 person to join anything. Stop asking me. Please. And if the cause you ask me to join directly violates the separation of church and state, consider yourself "de-friended.")

Now that Oprah's there, and Mark Zuckerberg apparently built his page himself with his own bare hands, I can't help but like it a LITTLE less.

But I'm really enjoying watching @MarthaStewart get the hang of Twitter. Somebody must've finally told her she had to stop yammering on about those damn @Flor tiles (no matter HOW much they paid her).

No comments:

Post a Comment