Monday, November 23, 2009

My Blog-a-Versary

I missed my Blog-A-Versary by one day because I couldn't log on with anything except the BlackBerry and I couldn't be sure of the date.

It was a year ago yesterday that I posted my very first blog --- roughly 10 years after the trend had already come and gone.

I was late to the party (much like with email, which I promptly proclaimed "a fad"), but I've tried to make up for it this month with NaBlows (http://www.nablopomo.com/) which requires you to post every day (though I don't think it's enforced or anything).


My first post was just a quote from 30 Rock. My second post was about my Thanksgiving stuffing (which turned out to be a failure, by the way, in the spirit of full disclosure).

For the first six months or so, I didn't know how to load a photo. Somebody did that for me.

For the first ten months or so, I couldn't make the links light up as clickable when I posted those.

And I only found a template that's relatively usable about a month ago --- though Intern is supposed to customize it and change the banner at the top to get rid of that wretched green. He is also supposed to take PDFs of the print column and make those linkable to the blog versions (which are often rough drafts of what ends up in print).

It's a process. I've still got the training wheels on, but I sure do appreciate everyone who reads -- and helps out -- along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment