Sunday, November 8, 2009

NaBloPoMo: I Think I Joined


I think I just joined National Blog Posting Month or NaBloPoMo (?) or NaBlows, for short.

I knew about NaNoWriMo, also going on in November (write a Novel in one month? No. Thanks.) And I knew about NaPoWriMo (write a poem a day I think? -- Again, No Thanks.)

But I didn't know about NaBlows. I'm just now figuring out how to follow other blogs, and I read about it at AliThinks.

She writes:
"It's a great concept. Post a blog entry every day...I'm not sure I'm ready to commit. On the other hand, it's great to complete a project. And my writing muscle could use a little exercise."
Of course, she wrote that on October 26, and NaBlows is the month of November -- but I just now found it, so I am starting a week late. (I looked back, and I posted almost everyday in the last week, so I'm not really too far behind.)

I went to the site she listed and registered, and I don't think I did it right. I can't really tell if you're supposed to post something there every day, on their site (they have a dizzying array of templates etc) ... or just write a post every day on your own blog and somehow, NaBlows will know if you are, or are not keeping up. What I'm doing is the latter.

AliThinks is the guru who taught me Twitter, and I try to never miss an opportunity to learn from her.

Here is a picture of her drink last night, which was the prettiest drink at the table. I don't think she really likes having her picture taken all that much (though you can see the ones on her blog are beauts, and I keep trying to figure out ways to steal her Facebook photo profile and pass it off as my own -- hey, we both wear glasses).

1 comment: