Monday, December 28, 2009

Weed Dragon!

Every year around this time, I think of my friend Walter (y'all know Walt) and how he used to torch his yard in Santa Fe with this giant flamethrower, once a year or so I think.

I don't remember all the particulars, I just remember that the general idea is that scorched earth is where you get new growth. Or maybe it's just a really good way to kill weeds. I'm not sure. I just smile when I think of Walt hossing those flames around his yard in New Mexico, while his fearless dog Ace looked on approvingly.


I feel a little bad that most of my annual physical, mental, and emotional housekeeping purge usually just involves the delete key (or a plain old ordinary, literal broom) -- so unsatisfying -- when what I clearly need is one of these. I am trying to find a site where I can register for munitions for my next birthday. It's a ways off, but ya gotta plan ahead.

1 comment: